The DuPont Challenge calls on students in grades 6 through 12 to research, think critically, and write a science essay that provides innovative ideas on our most pressing global challenges, or demonstrates an application of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) to our daily lives.
The DuPont Challenge, North America's premier science essay competition, encourages you to delve deep into your interests in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) and express yourself with creativity and purpose. We live in a growing world that faces new challenges each day, and we want YOU to share your ideas.
Essays must be between 700 to 1,000 words in length, include a list of research sources, and fall under the designated annual categories.
Who Is Eligible?
- Students currently enrolled in grades 6 through 12.
- Students attending public, private, or home schools in the United States, Canada, or their territories.
- Students enrolled in Department of Defense schools, grades 6-12 (see the FAQ for how to enter addresses).
- Previous winners of The DuPont Challenge.
- Students graduating from high school before the application deadline (year) are NOT eligible
With nearly 10,000 essays that are submitted each year, to be named a winner or honorable mention is truly a feat worthy of recognition. That's why we reward prizes that total $100,000, including U.S. Savings Bonds for all our winners and a special awards trip to Orlando, FL, for the top students in each division, to be joined by a parent and sponsoring teacher. As part of the awards trip, you can expect V.I.P. treatment, recognition, plenty of fun, and maybe even a few other surprises. (Monetary prizes range from a $200 US Savings Bond to a $5000 US Savings Bond.)
For more information go to http://thechallenge.dupont.com/
Annual submission deadline is in January
The DuPont Challenge
DuPont Office of Education
P.O. Box 80357
Wilmington, DE 19880-0030