Health fairs, agricultural days, conservation days, outdoor education days, environmental days and water festivals are all examples of field days - community events that bring together professionals, volunteers, teachers, and schoolchildren for a day of learning about their environment. The "Best Practices for Field Days: A Program Planning Guidebook for Organizers, Presenters, Teachers and Volunteers" provides the research-based strategies and tips to teach and organize effective events. As a companion to the guidebook, custom workshops give you the know-how and inspiration to make your field day great.
The guidebook and workshops for the people who organize and teach at field days and water festivals. These resources empower you to improve your field day in the following ways:
- Helping students learn and retain important concepts;
- Planning a comfortable and memorable setting;
- Ensuring your day runs safely and smoothly;
- Creating more useful evaluations;
- Marketing your event;
- Connecting your program to academic standards.