Summer Camp Nature Director - YMCA Camp Icaghowan
Work in a beautiful environment with youth ages 7-17, teaching them about nature and the outdoors in 1 and 2 hour activity sessions! We are looking for staff with a positive attitude, a spirit of adventure and a desire to impact each camper in a positive way. Sincerity, enthusiasm, sound judgment, constructive communication and a good sense of humor are all qualities that we value in staff. Spend the summer building strong leadership skills and even stronger friendships!
- Live-in nature director will plan, implement, and run nature based programming for the campers throughout the summer.
- Setting up and supervising nature based learning activities at camp.
- Driving camp vehicles (including 15 passenger vans) along with a trailer and equipment for tripping purposes.
- Maintenance, inventory, and repairs of nature materials and resources.
- Develop and implement curriculum around but not limited to water ecology, plant based identification, ecosystems, astronomy, etc.
- Work in collaboration with Tripping Program Director.
- Additional Support Staff duties involve leading songs, skits, or games; helping out in general areas around camp; and being a presence for anyone in need at camp.
Requirements and preferred qualifications:
- Preferably college course work in the natural sciences
- Resume showing personal and professional nature programming experience.
- Experience teaching and leading and facilitating youth nature programming.
- Positive attitude and desire to impact people in skill and personal development.
- Availability to work should begin by June 6th and continue through the last week in August. Availability should also include camp’s daily operations from Sunday check-in through Friday afternoon check-out.
Those interested in learning more can contact the Camp Program Director, Courtney Danis (Courtney.firstname.lastname@example.org) directly or apply online: https://www.ymcamn.org/camps/camp_icaghowan/about/jobs