Counselor and Trail Staff - YMCA Camp Icaghowan
Work in a beautiful environment with youth ages 7-17! A Camp Counselor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing core and non-core programs and experiences for children in a small group setting. They will also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. We are looking for staff with a positive attitude, a spirit of adventure and a desire to impact each camper in a positive way. Sincerity, enthusiasm, sound judgment, constructive communication and a good sense of humor are all qualities that we value in staff. Spend the summer building strong leadership skills and even stronger friendships!
- Live-in Camp Counselor will work with youth ages 7-17. All staff are paired with a co-counselor for the week where they live and stay in a cabin with 12 youth for the week.
- Setting up and supervising camp program activities including but not limited to: climbing, arts & crafts, boating, canoeing, kayaking, sports & games, swimming, gaga ball, etc.
- Maintenance, inventory, and repairs of programming materials and resources.
- Work in collaboration with other Camp Counselor Staff
- Lead overnight campout experiences, where you will paddle or hike to a destination and cook your meals over a fire for one evening.
- Additional duties as seen fit
Requirements and preferred qualifications:
- A desire and passion to work with youth in an outdoor setting
- Experience teaching and leading and facilitating youth or outdoor programming.
- Positive attitude and desire to impact people in skill and personal development.
- Availability to work should begin by June 6th and continue through the last week in August. Availability should also include camp’s daily operations from Sunday check-in through Friday afternoon check-out.
Those interested in learning more can contact the Camp Program Director, Courtney Danis (Courtney.firstname.lastname@example.org) directly or apply online: https://www.ymcamn.org/camps/camp_icaghowan/about/jobs