Assistant Climbing Director - YMCA Camp Icaghowan
Work in a beautiful environment with youth ages 7-17, teaching them about rock climbing and high teams! We are looking for staff with a positive attitude, a spirit of adventure and a desire to impact each camper in a positive way. Sincerity, enthusiasm, sound judgment, constructive communication and a good sense of humor are all qualities that we value in staff. Spend the summer building strong leadership skills and even stronger friendships!
- Live-in camp climbing assistant director will facilitate climbing activities on our climbing tower as well as four high teams elements that are on camp.
- Ability to teach the basic safety standards to campers
- Setting up and supervising high ropes course, zip line, and top rope climbing sites on camp property.
- Driving camp vehicles (including 15 passenger vans)
- Maintenance, daily inspection, and logging of rock climbing hardware, ropes, helmets, harnesses, and other equipment.
- Utilize adventure programming as a method for teaching life skills, goal setting, team building, challenge by choice, and personal development.
- Additional Support Staff duties involve leading songs, skits, or games; helping out in general areas around camp; and being a presence for anyone in need at camp.
Requirements and preferred qualifications:
- Ideally 1-2 years facilitating a climbing or high ropes courses.
- Resume showing personal and professional rock climbing and/or ropes course experience.
- Experience teaching and leading rock climbing and youth development trips.
- Positive attitude and desire to impact people in skill and personal development.
- Availability to work should begin by June 6th and continue through the last week in August. Availability should also include camp’s daily operations from Sunday check-in through Friday afternoon check-out.
Those interested in learning more can contact the Camp Program Director, Courtney Danis (Courtney.email@example.com) directly or apply online: https://www.ymcamn.org/camps/camp_icaghowan/about/jobs