SUMMER INTERN NATURALIST
Wood Lake Nature Center
Recreation Services Department
SALARY: $150/week stipend
This position is approximately 26 hours per week for 12 weeks, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm, June 10 through August 30 (flexible start and end dates).
NATURE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Naturalist, the Summer Intern Naturalist will assist staff in providing the best quality educational, recreational and natural experiences possible for visitors. Interns will participate in training that will support the design and instruction of summer camps and other environmental education and interpretive programming.
- Assists with a variety of daily and summer-long projects such as; prairie management, exotic species control, and trail maintenance.
- Assists with providing high quality environmental education activities with groups of all ages and types of people, with a focus on K-5 age group.
- Assists with developing exhibits and displays.
- Assists the planning committee with events such as; the Urban Wildland Half Marathon and 5K races.
- Instructs and coordinates volunteers.
- Plans and executes a project of their choice.
- Minimum of two years college study, college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Must pass a background check.
- Essential functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for moderate physical activity such as standing, hiking, lifting, kneeling, sitting, crouching, twisting, pushing, pulling, bending, squatting and lifting materials and supplies ranging from 20-40 lbs.
- Experience working with youth.
- Natural history knowledge or interest.
- Interest or experience in environmental education and/or interpretation.
- Effective communication skills and ability to be a team player.
Application forms, copies of this bulletin and additional information may be obtained at www.richfieldmn.gov/jobs. Contact Amy Markle, Internship Coordinator at 612-861-9369 or email@example.com with any questions. Only a completed City of Richfield on-line application will be accepted. Please submit cover letter and resume including three references with your completed City of Richfield application. THE CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMITTING
APPLICATIONS IS MONDAY, MARCH 11, 2019.