Position Title: Seasonal Visitor Center Attendant
Location: Wargo Nature Center, Lino Lakes, MN
Responsible to: Office Support Specialist
Visitor Center Attendants will be responsible for enhancing the park users experience through assistance, information, and education regarding park facilities and natural resources, and more specifically for the Wargo Nature Center. The Visitor Center Attendant is expected to provide the highest quality of customer service for all park users. The employment for this position is from May through September and will vary from 5-30 hours per week.
Rate of Pay:
Examples of Essential Job Duties (Illustrative Only):
- Provide excellent customer service to park visitors by ensuring communication with park users is carried out in a polite, professional, and efficient manner.
- Ability to operate point of sale and reservation systems to assist customers.
- Ability to enforce policy as directed in a respectful and consistent manner.
- Mediate and resolve customer complaints or concerns.
- Feed captive Red-tailed Hawk according to head trainers protocol.
- Assist canoe and kayak renters through the rental process.
- Ability to arm and disarm building security system as needed.
- Communicate via various technology (phone, computer, radio device)
- 90% Office/10% Outdoors
- May need to help lift canoe/kayaks into and out of lake
Hours of Work:
Varied hours; mainly Saturdays, Sundays and holidays; 5-30 hours/week.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience in customer service and leadership.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- High level of communication skills
- Accurate record keepings skills.
Please apply on-line at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/anoka or call for an application, 763-324-3350 and submit together with resume to:
Wargo Nature Center, 7701 Main St, Hugo, MN 55038