Voyageur Outward Bound School is searching for a Group Outreach Representative to work in our Twin Cities office in Saint Paul, MN.
This is a full-time position and candidates should apply online at www.vobs.org/jobs. Applications close on 11/15/18.
Voyageur Outward Bound School (VOBS) is a charter of Outward Bound USA, the leading provider of experiential and outdoor education for youth and adults. VOBS reaches over 2,000 students annually and has been serving its mission-changing lives through challenge and discovery-for over 50 years. At VOBS we provide experiences that challenge an individual’s own perceptions of what is possible, offering everything from multi-week expeditions to single day programs.
We have consistently offered Veteran expeditions, courses for youth and young adults, as well as adults and families. Currently we operate programs at our basecamp in Ely, MN (Homeplace), Twin Cities Center in St. Paul, MN, and near Big Bend National Park in Texas. At VOBS we put a high priority on developing our staff and running a strong organization and we’re proud to have recently been named one of the 100 best places to work by Outside magazine.
Collaboration with educational and non-profit organizations is critical to our mission. We partner with schools, colleges and non-profits to serve their students with programs that support specific institutional educational goals. We call these partnership programs 'group programs,' and in the next 3-5 years, we will more than double our overall group program revenue. The new Group Outreach Representative role focuses on expanding partnerships with schools and colleges for programs in Big Bend, TX and non-profit partnerships for programs in the Twin Cities. The Outreach Associate will play a vital role as we grow our capacity and strive to serve more students, and a greater diversity of students. The Outreach Associate reports to the Outreach & Partnership Manager and collaborates with the Groups Administrator; together, with the leadership of the Group Program Director, they work to serve bold Group Program goals.
Group Program Outreach, Sales & Service
- Work with the Outreach & Partnership Manager to hone outreach strategy and set goals for client identification and cultivation in alignment with current Group Program Business Plan.
- Conduct targeted research to identify new education clients for Texas and new non-profit clients for Twin Cities.
- Conduct targeted partner outreach, including in-person meetings, calls and written communication.
- Create new partnerships and provide a high level of customer service for program on-boarding, delivery and follow-up.
- Support existing partnerships with excellent customer service for retention, program improvement and expansion.
- Write persuasive, detailed and accurate program proposals and supply or create recruitment materials for partners.
- Support Texas and Twin Cities Program Directors and program staff with comprehensive and detailed partner and program information for delivery of relevant and effective programs.
- Track program delivery, impact and revenue.
- Collaborate with the Groups Administrator to track program contracts and invoices.
- Collaborate with Outreach & Partnership Manager and Group Director to develop business, target outreach, improve program support systems and collaborate with program team.
- Use Salesforce daily to create accounts, opportunities and reports for successful program sales and timely delivery as well as revenue forecasting.
- Manage partner accounts and sales process for excellent customer service.
- Track group revenue in collaboration with Groups Administrator.
- Maintain up-to-date and relevant program information for Program team.
- Manage client contacts and group program campaigns.
- Create and update revenue reports to contribute to group program forecasting and VOBS reporting.
- Gather and organize content for messaging and collateral (course images, narratives and anecdotes) that serve Texas educational and Twin Cities non-profit programs in particular and group programs or VOBS programs in general.
- Contribute content for Texas and Twin Cities programs messages across VOBS messaging platforms (newsletter, social, blogs, campaigns).
- Texas and Twin Cities groups content for the VOBS website.
- 3-5 years of experience in an education, non-profit, sales, customer-service or communications setting.
- Excellent, friendly and authentic interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Responsive and persuasive oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess partner audience, needs and goals and identify mission alignment for program opportunity.
- Knowledge of and belief in Voyageur Outward Bound School mission.
- Knowledge of and belief in nature-based, experiential education.
- Understanding and awareness of youth-serving non-profit landscapes and general mission.
- Understanding and awareness of high school and higher education landscapes and general mission.
- Ability to navigate both non-profit (urban and rural) and educational settings (high school and college) with ease.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a diversity of educational and non-profit leader/clients, as well as partner administrators and managers.
- Commitment to serving a team and acting collaboratively.
- Energy and tenacity in pursuit of goals and deadlines.
- Oriented to detail and track record for following through.
- Robust organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to think creatively, problem-solve and learn from failure.
- Demonstrated success in building and managing relationships.
- Demonstrated integrity, ethical decision-making and sound judgment.
- Tolerance for ambiguity and energy for shaping a new role.
- Ability to transport self to and from partner meetings; valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle preferred.
- Ability to travel to and from Minnesota and Texas program sites.
- Experience and comfort with preferred office systems: Salesforce, Gmail, Google Drive, Word, Excel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- This is a full time, 12-month position.
- Full time benefits package available.
Position located in St Paul.
Candidate may email email@example.com with questions about this opportunity.