Title: Placement Counselor
Reports To: Employment Programs Manager- CSP & YCC
Classification: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
Job Purpose: This position provides orientation, placement, and support to individuals participating in our Community Support Program (CSP) and Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP). This position also manages and maintains stakeholder relationships including internship host site employers and participant referral Employment Service Providers.
- Independently and in collaboration with Outreach Coordinator, perform outreach activities to MFIP Employment Service Provider teams to provide program information and create accessibility to our programs.
- Meet with program participants and conduct initial orientation and necessary paperwork
- Work with participants to identify appropriate work sites and refer the program participants to selected work sites.
- Monitor participant progress and document performance via program database.
- Coordinate and communicate with employment service providers and host site supervisors.
- Resolve any work sites issues that may arise between the program participants and the work sites.
- Ensure progress updates are reported to Employment Service Providers in a timely manner.
- Work with Outreach Coordinator to develop new work site opportunities and positions at community agencies and businesses.
- Assist Program Manager in coordination and delivery of Summer Individual Site internships
- Perform host site supervisor orientation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, or related field; or an Associate’s Degree and one year of relevant experience; or High School Diploma/GED and three years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and web based applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable personal transportation and valid driver’s license as determined by our insurance carrier.
- Must be comfortable driving with in the metro area for meetings, work sites, etc.
- Enjoy working with individuals at various locations. This position requires that an individual is out of the office 50% of the time.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
To apply, please complete and submit the application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NWMHYSN
Tree Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.