Title: Community Forestry Program Coordinator
Reports To: Community Forestry Director
Classification: Regular, Full-time, Non-exempt
Job Purpose: The Community Forestry program coordinator is integral to the success of Tree Trust’s community forestry program. This position coordinates with partnering organizations, municipalities, schools and corporations to create and support meaningful and engaging community forestry related programming.
- Oversee Tree Trust’s Learning with Trees program, including: program facilitation; landscape design, volunteer engagement, education and management, coordination and delivery of urban forestry-related educational programs with partner schools and other community education programs, planting day facilitation and funder recognition.
- Manage project budgets as assigned by the Director of Community Forestry.
- Facilitate and evaluate projects and prepare reports for assigned projects.
- Train and manage volunteers for Community Forestry related tasks.
- Conduct educational workshops on a variety of urban forestry topics with a variety of audiences.
- Participate in meetings and conferences representing Tree Trust.
- Coordinate and facilitate group volunteer tree planting and employed youth projects.
- Contribute to overall marketing and development efforts by creating promotional materials, seeking grants, and fostering partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in urban forestry, horticulture, biology, water resources, urban planning or related field with 1-3 years of experience in community forestry and/or project coordination
- Working knowledge of tree identification, landscape design and basic arboriculture
- Experience in working with volunteers
- Exceptional writing, speaking and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of common computer software including: MS Word, Excel, AutoCad is preferred but not required
- Facilitation and training experience
- Leadership skills and the ability to work both as a team member and independently
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to creatively problem solve
- Passion for people and trees
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and travel as needed
- Personal vehicle, clean driving record, and valid insurance
- Ability to lift 60 pounds, sit, stand, bend and twist
To apply, please complete and submit the application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NWMHYSN
Tree Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.