Title: Community Forestry Assistant
Reports To: Director of Community Forestry
Classification: Seasonal (May-October), Full-time, Non-exempt
Job Purpose: The Community Forestry Assistant supports all aspects of the community forestry programming including: volunteer planting and outreach events, watering and general care of trees within Tree Trust’s purview.
- Provide logistical and onsite support for Community Forestry event programming.
- Train and manage volunteers for Community Forestry related tasks.
- Assist and attend Tree Trust related workshop opportunities.
- Perform general vegetation and tree care management of areas within Tree Trust’s purview.
- Assist with various administrative duties associated with forestry programming.
- Other duties as assigned
- Pursuing or attained a degree in urban forestry, horticulture, biology, water resources, urban planning or related field
- Personal vehicle, clean driving record as determined by our insurance provider, and valid insurance
- Ability to lift 60 pounds, sit, stand, bend and twist
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and travel as needed
- Exceptional writing, speaking and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of common computer software including: MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Leadership skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Self-starter with skills to work independently
- Must enjoy working outdoors and be willing to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to creatively problem solve
- Passion for people and trees
To apply, please complete and submit the application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NWMHYSN
Tree Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer.