Assistant to the Director for St. Paul School of Northern Lights, St. Paul, MN
Deadline: March 20, 2019
St. Paul School of Northern Lights is an outdoor-focused, relationship-based, community-centered public charter school opening with grades K-6 in 2019-2010 in the West 7th neighborhood of St. Paul. We seek candidates who desire a values-driven educational environment who are committed to furthering our mission: Exploring our urban ecosystem, St. Paul School of Northern Lights ensures a progressive, relationship-based learning process, educating students to be kind, curious, critical thinkers who are advocating for positive change in their diverse community.
Assistant to the Director position has two main functions: interfacing with families and students and state reporting. Therefore, the candidate’s key skills are the ability to effectively connect and communicate with families, to be articulate about the work of the school, manage accurate details of complex systems, and monitor confidential student records. This position will require multi-tasking, as several responsibilities may need attention at one time. This position also requires someone who likes an active work environment, with some decision-making. The Assistant to the Director reports directly, and will be annually evaluated, by the Executive Director. Start date is as soon as possible part-time and will gradually increase in hours as the school opening approaches in Fall 2019.
- Handle the front office, including greeting and assisting parents/stakeholders, and answering phones.
- Manage a student information and reporting system,
- Keep food and nutrition records in compliance with federal requirements,
- Direct the daily student transportation,
- Establish and keep current a confidential student data system,
- Field questions from stakeholders, community members
- Develop reports, as requested, by the Executive Director
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency in using technology, including various applications such as a student reporting system
- Proven interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a variety of people
- Be a self-starter with the ability to initiate tasks
- Have the ability to work with confidential data
Salary: This position is paid hourly, commensurate with education and experience.
A rubric will be utilized to evaluate this position, based on the responsibilities identified above.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.