POSITION TITLE: Summer Camp Naturalist
DEPT/DIVISION: Community Services & Employee Resources – Springbrook Nature Center
REPORTS TO: Interpretive Program Supervisor
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To conduct nature center programs, including summer camps, develop curriculum and present programs onsite and offsite.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, conduct, and market environmental education curricula & programs, including summer camp.
- Develop, conduct, and market other environmental education programming.
- Supervise and support volunteers as assigned.
- Help to maintain exhibit animals including reptiles, amphibians, and insects.
- Receipt and handle monies from nature center store and program registration.
- Organize and lead a variety of small group activities as developed by the Springbrook Staff. Activities may include: hiking, nature explorations, crafts, games, canoeing, archery, stream and pond hikes, art and drama activities, etc.
- Complete other assigned operational tasks before and after camp such as: clean up and room preparation.
- Provide fun and engaging activities outdoors.
- Identify and respond to camper behavioral issues.
- Communicate with parents regarding camper’s experiences and daily activities.
- Work with and supervise teenage volunteers within the camp program.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Respond to inquiries by telephone, email and in person concerning a broad spectrum of natural resource information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Natural Science, Environmental Education, or related field.
- Experience in interpretive programming with youth.
- Ability to be imaginative and innovative in programming with youth.
- Experience in care and programming of live animals.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Valid driver’s license.
6/4/18 – 8/31/18
40 hours per week, M-F 8:30—5, with one Saturday/SUnday per month., occasional evenings and holidays
Range is $12.75 - $13.53/hr
Send a cover letter, resume, and
Interpretive Program Supervisor,
Springbrook Nature Center
100 85th AVE NE, Fridley MN 55432.
Or email the above materials to tara.rogness@ fridleymn.gov, please type
Summer Seasonal Naturalist in the subject line.
Open Until Filled