Imagine yourself here. Be a part of something great at Science Museum of Minnesota.
The Science Museum of Minnesota knows that the diversity in our communities generates better ideas, inspires creativity and is essential to building a positive workplace. As an employer of choice we hire and retain the best employees by valuing differences, creating a collaborative work environment, and providing promotional and career development opportunities.
Join our Lifelong Learning team as a Material and Logistics Assistant and help support materials related needs during seasonal projects and programs. The position carries out the assigned prepping, packing, delivering, organizing and retrieval of materials for seasonal camps, classes and other programs as needed. The position is also responsible for delivering materials for programs to various locations outside the museum.
This is a seasonal position for summer 2019.
Work Environment & Schedule: Warehouse/storage room. Hours of work - Ability to work Monday through Friday during summer.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares, organize, packs, delivers, and retrieves materials from assigned lists to support the elevated seasonal demand of camps and classes.
- Prioritizes assigned packing lists to complete the high demand and meet given deadlines.
- Drives education vehicles to deliver and retrieve materials weekly throughout the season.
- Unpacks used materials and returns them to designated locations in the education storage rooms.
- Assist instructors by cleaning classrooms as needed and delivering unlisted materials as requested.
- Communicates in a clear professional fashion to help coordinate the organization of materials. Works with the Materials and Logistics Assistant Manager to communicate any changes in material availability or changes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma / GED or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience with organizing, packing, or working in a fast-pasted environment.
- Cultural competency and experience working with diverse communities.
- Willingness to be open and respectful of all backgrounds.
- Fluency in language(s) other than English valued (Hmong, Somali, Spanish).
Starting rate: $11.00+ hourly / Depending on Qualifications.
The job duties describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position and is not an exhaustive list. For some positions, detailed procedures may be outlined in supplemental documents.
We exist to turn on the science and inspire learning, inform policy and improve lives. We envision a world in which all people have the power to use science to make lives better. We value science as an essential literacy and strive for inclusion inside and out so that our museum and our people reflect and respond to the diverse needs and cultures of our community. It is the museum’s policy and practice to hire and promote qualified job seekers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. We offer benefit packages for full-time and part-time employees.
SMM Jobs: https://www.smm.org/jobs