Prairie Ecology Bus Center
Lakefield, Minnesota · 507-662-5064
The Prairie Ecology Bus Center (PEBC) is seeking a full-time (40 hrs/wk) enthusiastic, experienced, motivated and responsible naturalist to join our teaching staff. PEBC is a non-profit environmental education/learning outreach program with a mission of being a vehicle for appreciating and understanding the natural wonders in our own backyards.
Programs are taught both inside and outdoors at a variety of locations across the southwestern Minnesota region to children and adults of all ages.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Teach environmental education programs to groups of Pre-K through 12th grade children, scouts, families and adults including: school programs, summer camps, birthday parties, community education programs, county fairs and more. This includes all aspects of programming including set up, clean up, evaluation, and follow up.
- Master our environmental education curriculum and implement the purpose, goals and objectives of each program.
- Help to develop and implement new programs.
- Prepare and maintain program curriculum materials.
- Work and teach both independently and as part of a team
- Willing and able to obtain Commercial Drivers License (CDL) license within 90 days of employment, training will be provided by PEBC. Must be able to pass random drug test screening.
- Create a safe and fun, learning atmosphere for children while projecting a knowledgeable and confident image to parents and teachers.
- Articulate PEBC’s mission and project a professional and positive attitude when interacting with the public.
- Bachelors in environmental studies, environmental education, natural resources, education or a related field.
- Teaching experience in outdoor or environmental education, early childhood education, summer camps or other relevant experiences. Prefer a minimum of at least 1-year of teaching experience.
- Knowledge of and passion for the natural world.
- Enthusiasm for working with children.
- Willingness to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and variable terrain.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate common office equipment.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including weekends.
- Criminal History background checks will be required.
- Current first aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain certification.
Salary and Benefits:
- $26,500-$30,000 depending on education, skills and experience.
- Vacation and holiday leave.
- Health Care, including HSA contributions.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com.
Position is open until filled.