Work with Youth in the Field of Sustainability!
Ney Nature Center is seeking a highly motivated person to work with youth to inspire an appreciation of nature. The position encompasses responsibilities in both outreach and as the YES! (Youth Eco Solutions) Coordinator. Part of the position will work with youth in grades 7-12 and should have knowledge in the areas of water quality, energy, local foods and waste reduction.
Send resume, cover letter and references to Rebecca Pollack at email@example.com
See full job description at www.yesmn.org and neycenter .org
Youth Eco Solutions (YES!) Program Coordinator
Ney Nature Center
Part time YES! Coordinator position (up to 20hours per week) will coordinate the YES! program for teams of youth and their coaches in Southern MN. This position can be paired with one of two other open part-time positions at the Ney Nature Center for full time employment.
Youth Eco Solutions (YES!) empowers youth to partner with their community to create economic and environmental vitality through hands-on learning and team-based projects. Through YES! teams of youth in grades 7-12 engage in experiential learning and undertake meaningful projects in their schools and communities related to energy efficiency, renewable energy, waste reduction, recycling, composting, local foods, and more. Please visit www.yesmn.org to learn more about YES! and the tremendous work being accomplished by YES! teams.
- Mobilize 8 to 12 YES! teams and coaches to create action plans, identify and involve community partners, and link teams with resources as they plan and implement youth-driven energy-related projects in their schools and communities
- Serve as a main point of contact for the teams; working with other YES! coordinators to provide educational opportunities, organizing tours, workshops, and other activities related to team projects
- Recruit and retain YES! teams in the Southern region of Minnesota
- Work with YES! staff to evaluate, improve, and fund the program
- Promote the program through communication and public relations efforts
- Other duties as assigned and as capacity allows
- A team player who is creative, flexible, detail-oriented, and able to meet multiple deadlines
- Personable, independent, and highly self-motivated with a sense of humor
- Experience working with youth in an educational setting
- Sound understanding of energy-related issues and opportunities including energy efficiency, renewable energy, waste reduction, and local foods
- Passion for environmental stewardship, experiential education and rural communities
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships within a network of organizations, businesses, communities, and individuals
- Familiarity with existing networks including schools, business, and organizations in Central Minnesota.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient at using Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral, written, and electronic communication skills. Fluent with online communication and social networking.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Requires a valid driver’s license, reliable personal transportation and insurance
- Grant-writing experience is a plus
- Experience with event planning preferred
Position based from Ney Nature Center in Henderson, Minnesota. Some regional travel required with meals & miles reimbursement allowance.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate, DOE.
Applications accepted immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Send resume, cover letter and references via email to Becky Pollack, Executive Director Ney Nature Center, firstname.lastname@example.org.