New Vision Wilderness (NVW) is an effective and exciting alternative for struggling teens, young adults, and their families, and is the premiere wilderness therapy intervention. We are consistently challenging the national therapy frontier by providing cutting-edge trauma-informed care & wilderness intervention.
New Vision employees are individuals passionate about the outdoors, strong believers in the healing power of wilderness immersion, and dedicated to providing the highest quality clinical treatment program to meet our mission of saving lives and uniting families.
New Vision is currently seeking applications for an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining safe and working equipment for Students and co-workers and to promote proper use and care of New Vision physical resources.
- This position typically works Monday to Friday. There is also required weekend work for on-call support coverage and required nighttime work for direct care coverage and mentoring of instructors
Oversight of Operations:
- Day-to-day management of facilities, vehicles and equipment
- Care and maintenance of resources
- Purchasing of equipment and budget management
- Training and mentorship on risk management policy and proper use and care of equipment
- Supervision of Logistics Coordinator and other Operations team assistants
- Providing cross coverage of Logistics Coordinator position
- Defined ‘Field Focus’ and support of field programming on weekly basis
- Operations Manager will participate on the on-call team, including holding on-call phone and radio and available to respond to field crisis situations, provide on-call field support assistance to field instructors, and receive nightly check-ins from field staff on monthly basis
- Any other duties as assigned by Operations Director or Executive Director.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree or comparable experience working in the adventure or outdoor field with at-risk youth is required.
- Must possess and maintain current Wilderness First Responder and CPR certification and must have completed company provided SCM (Safe Crisis Management).
- Excellent leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations
- Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation.
- Must hold a valid Driver's License with clean driving record.