Unique Minnesota GreenCorps AmeriCorps Service Opportunity Available at the MN Zoo!
The MN Zoo is excited to announce that it will host a Minnesota GreenCorps AmeriCorps Service Member from September 28, 2019 through August 18, 2020!
Minnesota GreenCorps is a statewide AmeriCorps program coordinated by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, with a mission to preserve and protect Minnesota’s environment and strengthen Communities.
The goal of the MN Zoo’s GreenCorps service project is to develop and provide training programs that prepare Zoo interpretive staff and volunteers to deliver education promoting the Zoo’s sustainability practices. To achieve this goal, the GreenCorps service member will:
- Gather and review information about the Zoo’s green infrastructure, water management, and waste reduction/recycling/organics management initiatives
- Review plans and reports, and prepare of summary of implemented sustainable initiatives.
- Identify 2-4 initiatives to feature in interpretive programs.
- Develop a training curriculum map and objective-based training plans, write training curriculum, and develop training resources.
- Collaborate with and train key staff and volunteers to deliver interpretive presentations to Zoo staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Gather data to evaluate the interpretive programs and implement training curriculum improvements as needed
For more information about the GreenCorps program, visit the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency webpage.
Access the application form by clicking State of Minnesota Job ID 32246.