Spend a summer as an informal educator at the Minnesota Zoo!
The mission of the Minnesota Zoo is to connect people, animals, and the natural world to save wildlife. We are dedicated to inspiring guests to act on behalf of wildlife and wild lands. To accomplish this, we provide award-winning recreational, educational, and conservation programs, locally, nationally, and internationally.
We are seeking registered college students to assist with our summer education programs, including summer camps (preschool-adult), family programs, teen programs, overnights, and others.
Interns will learn about informal environmental education and the world of Zoos and conservation organizations, and gain teaching and classroom management experience. Our interns assist in the classroom, teach at least one full week of summer camp, shadow a Zoo trail of their choice, participate in behind-the-scenes experiences, write curriculum or lesson plans, and complete a summer-long project of their choice.
Start and end dates are flexible. We’re looking for someone to start at the end of May or beginning of June, and stay with us until at least mid-August (and into September if preferred by the candidate.) Schedule is typically Monday-Friday, with flexible hours, typically 35-40 hours/week.
This is an unpaid internship. Interns must be registered college students completing this internship for college credit.
- Registered college student completing this internship for credit
- Interested in formal or informal education
- Interested in wildlife, conservation, or environmental studies
- At least one summer or semester of experience working with kids in some capacity
- Ability to comfortably speak and present to a group of 15-20 people
- Must pass a formal background check
- Background knowledge in zoology, biology, environmental studies, environmental education, or related studies preferred
To apply: Visit http://mnzoo.org/internships/education-naturalist-internship/
Application deadline: April 15, 2018
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org