Job Announcement - Water Quality Educator
Position Description: The Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board (MPRB) is seeking an individual to work as a Water Quality Educator. This educator will work in multiple locations throughout Minneapolis at community events and celebrations. The Water Quality Educator will:
- Provide interactive water quality education at events in Minneapolis Parks
- Coordinate MPRB participation at community and neighborhood events
- Track participation and evaluate program effectiveness
- Assist in the development of new water quality education materials
- Lead water quality presentations for neighborhood groups
- Coordinate educational outreach efforts to local businesses
Hours: Monday through Friday, primarily in the evenings. Requires availability for four weekend days/evenings per month. Average 20 to 30 hours per week dependent on the season.
Compensation: $13.02 plus mileage reimbursement.
- Outgoing personality able to draw in participants
- Strong public speaking and leadership skills
- Experience working with diverse audiences in a public setting
- Knowledge of watersheds, nonpoint source pollution, and water quality issues
- Training in environmental education and/or water ecology
- Working knowledge of tabling education techniques and messaging
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and a reliable car (mileage reimbursement provided)
- Demonstrated success teaching in event settings
- Previous experience giving public presentations
- Knowledge of interpretive display design
- Ability to communicate in multiple languages (Spanish, Hmong, or Somali preferred)
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Will review resumes as received and interview qualified candidates as they are submitted.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to:
Environmental Education Lead
Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board
3800 Bryant Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55409