Program Evaluation Intern - Fall 2018
Midwest Food Connection (MFC) inspires kids to eat well by providing educational adventures in food, cooking, and gardening for children and their families. Through culinary lessons in the classroom—school programs about natural foods, local sustainable farming, and the cultural origins of our food—we empower elementary school children to make informed food choices.
MFC is supported by Twin Cities food co-ops and features local and organic food that can be found at the co-ops. In addition to our classroom teaching, MFC also connects students to where their food comes from by teaching classes in school gardens and accompanying them on field trips to local farms.
We are looking for a Program Evaluation Intern to assist Midwest Food Connection in assessing learning and retention of our curriculum. This role will involve creating evaluation tools, such as surveys and interviews, to gather quantitative and qualitative data from those effected by our program. It will also involve creating a professional report of evaluation findings to be shared with MFC staff and board so that we may improve our teaching and think strategically about how to better deliver our programming.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Observing MFC staff in the classroom
- Interviewing students, teachers, parents, and community members
- Creating and implementing surveys
- Reporting findings in an accessible and well-made report
- 10-15 week commitment
- 5-10 hours / week
- Willingness to work independently and remotely, as well as with MFC staff (MFC has no central offices)
- Current undergraduate or college degree
- Interest in food education and food systems
- Knowledge of program evaluation and quantitative & qualitative data analysis
- Time-management, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Experience working with elementary aged kids
We hope to collaborate with an intern to create an experience that is both benefitting MFC and developing an intern’s interests and desired skills. We will work together to create a plan for this internship that meets both of our needs!
How to Apply:
Please fill out online application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc8K58_9XuM5hN2yDKSe2xa7LjpU-6nWAt05HE9ZkTbskFuKg/viewform
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (651) 373-9878
We will be reviewing applications in August and getting back to you in early September!