Summer Naturalist Position
Long Lake Conservation Center
Long Lake Conservation Center is looking for enthusiastic, outdoors people to serve as Summer Naturalists—this could be the perfect job for a naturalist, a rugged outdoors person, or anyone in between. Long Lake is Minnesota's original conservation education summer camp (40+ years), and a leader in outdoor education.
About Long Lake Conservation Center:
Long Lake is located near Palisade, in north-central Minnesota. In the heart of Aitkin County. Long Lake is located 135 miles north of the Twin Cities, 75 miles west of Duluth, and 50 miles northeast of Brainerd. Long Lake is a Residential Environmental Learning Center and Summer Camp for MN youth! For more information about Long Lake visit www.longlakecc.org!
About the position:
The season will start Monday June 5, 2018 and end Friday August 10, 2018.
Summer Naturalist responsibilities:
- Instruct campers in numerous classes and activities.
- Create & implement fun and exciting activities
- Supervise and assist campers
- Communicate effectively with other staff and campers
- Monitor the health and safety of campers
- Seeking or acquired a degree in Environmental Science, Education, Biology, or related field/coursework.
- Ability to enjoy and work with youth is essential.
- Love of the outdoors.
- Experience leading programs or giving presentations.
Helpful, but not required:
- Summer camp experience.
- Experience with firearms and hunting.
- Housing provided on-site
- Food provided as meals in the Dining Hall or kitchen staples
- Position potentially fulfills internship credits depending on institution
- First Aid Certification
- Firearms Safety Certification
How to apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Courtney Dowell, Education Director at Long Lake Conservation Center, at email@example.com