International Wolf Center Education Intern
Internship – Paid
The International Wolf Center in Ely, MN offers Wolf Educator Internships. The mission of the International Wolf Center is to advance the survival of wolf populations by teaching about wolves, their relationship to wildlands and the human role in their future. IWC is visited by 30,000 – 40,000 visitors each year who come to view our resident wolf pack, explore our Wolves and Humans exhibit or engage in one of our many programs.
Duration: August 6, 2018 – June 1, 2019 (dates may be flexible to accommodate academic
and programming calendars)
Hours: 40+ hours per week including evenings, weekends and holidays
Stipend: $1,000 per month
Interns are responsible for providing their own housing, food and transportation.
- Conduct wolf education and natural history programs for the public and groups
- Teach large and small groups as well as answer wolf and natural history questions from visitors
- Lead interpretive hikes and field trips
- Assist in program development for people of all ages
- Respond to wolf information inquiries
- Complete projects for the education department as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
- Coursework in environmental education or related field
- Enrollment in a college or university
- Teaching experience/experience working with the public
- Effective communication skills in working with people of all ages
- High level of self-motivation and enthusiasm
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Valid driver’s license required
- Naturalist, field research and wolf behavioral training opportunities
- Discounts on International Wolf Center merchandise
Interns are required to have a valid driver’s license and social security number. Selection criteria includes education, experience, references and written statements. Unfortunately, IWC is unable to accept international applicants at this time.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Completed Wolf Educator Internship Application (visit www.wolf.org/about-us/internships/)
- Letter of interest stating what you hope to gain and contribute through the Wolf Educator Internship program.
- Professional resume.
- Three references (include reference name, title, phone number and email).
International Wolf Center
1396 Highway 169
Ely, MN 55731
Or email: email@example.com
If you have questions or would like to request application materials, please call (218) 365-4695 ext 123. Applications will be accepted until April 6, 2018.