Job Description Heckrodt Wetland Reserve
Environmental Program Assistant LTE (July – August 2018 )
The Environmental Program Assistant will join an experienced team of Naturalists who make learning come alive in the habitats of the Reserve. The educator will be responsible for assisting Heckrodt Wetland Reserve staff in all aspects of the environmental education program. They will also be invited to play a major role in the daily operations of the nature center.
- Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support for fieldtrip programs. LTE would teach 3 to 4 programs a week. v Assist with summer camps. Responsibilities would include team teaching, photography, and set up and take down. Participate in community program on August 25th. LTE will play a significant role in planning, developing, and promoting events.
- Teach “Nature Friends till Summers End” (free morning program once a month).
- Assist in on-going maintenance of Heckrodt’s Honey Bee Project. LTE will aide in hive care and maintenance.
- Assist staff with on-going improvements to The World Beneath Your Feet Adventure Play Area. v Assist staff with the day-to-day nature center responsibilities.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Graduate in Environmental Education/Outdoor Education, or college student of sophomore status or higher v Strong work ethic and enthusiasm for teaching youth
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present environmental education programs (classroom experience applies)
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Stipend of $10.00/hour up to a maximum of $3500: 350 hours is anticipated. Time sheets must be submitted for pay approval.
- The project period is July 2, 2018 through August 31, 2018. Hours not used by August 31, 2018 will be forfeited.
- Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, with references by June17, 2018 by email (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address below.
- Interviews will be scheduled the week of June 18, 2018. Director of Education Heckrodt Wetland Reserve 1305 Plank Road Menasha, WI 54952
- More information about Heckrodt Wetland Reserve can be found at our website: www.heckrodtnaturecenter.org