Environmental Education Internship
Position: Environmental Educator
Status: 20-40 hours/week
Start date: September 4, 2018
End date: seasonal or year long
Benefits: Stipend: up to $800/month
- Extensive in-house training and professional development
- $200 stipend available for related workshops or trainings (for year long positions)
- 15 days off paid vacation (for year long positions)
- Granite Gear daypack upon completion
The Environmental Educator will join a friendly, dynamic staff that is dedicated to carrying out Hartley Nature Center’s mission of inspiring lifelong connections with nature through education, play and exploration.
- Teach environmental education programs to diverse audiences, including school field trips, nature-based day camp, and occasional adult or family programs.
- Participate in trainings on EE curricula, outdoor learning, behavior management, etc.
- Contribute to projects, such as planning and implementing of special events, organizational newsletter, caring for native plant gardens, live animal exhibits, monarch butterfly exhibit, etc.
- Engage in professional development opportunities to deepen understanding of nature, environmental education and nature center administration.
- Degree (or in progress) in environmental studies, education, sciences or related field
- Genuine interest in working with children in the outdoors
- Experience teaching environmental education or outdoor recreation
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to relate with people of all ages and abilities in a positive manner
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
More information is available on our website (www.hartleynature.org). Applicants please include a cover letter, resume and a minimum of two professional or educational references. Please direct applications or inquiries to:
Tiffany Smith, Education Director
Hartley Nature Center
3001 Woodland Ave
Duluth, MN 55803