Eagle Bluff Summer Camp Naturalists
Summer Camp Naturalists will be responsible for assisting in creating and maintaining a safe, fun, and educational environment for program participants. Over half of the position focuses on experiences with our summer camp program, with the rest in outdoor adventure education programs.
- Provide a safe, healthy, and fun environment, both physically and mentally, to campers and students
- Supervise or co-supervise campers on-site and on field trips while participating and encouraging participation of all campers in daily activities
- Assist in planning and implementing daily activities that fits camper needs and interests
- Assist with set-up and tear-down of activities
- Teach Outdoor Education classes for both summer camps and visiting groups, which may include high ropes courses (being
- comfortable with heights is helpful!), rock climbing, river canoeing, archery, and navigational skills. You will specialize in solo
- teaching one or two adventure classes from our curriculum.
- Help campers and guests with issues that may arise
- Assume equal share of housekeeping and maintenance duties
- Option of internship credit, dependent on college/university
- $185/week for the duration of the summer
- Housing provided on-site – includes WiFi, access to laundry
- Food provided as meals in the Dining Hall or kitchen staples
- Access to Eagle Bluff’s adventure gear
- Firearms Safety Certification
- Professional purchase discounts
- Able to commit to June 3th to August 10th, 2018 with vacation time June 30th- July 4th, 2018
- Currently enrolled as a full time college student (with the completion of at least sophomore year) or recent college graduate
- CPR/First Aid certifications preferred
- Interest in, and prior experience working with, youth in an outdoor setting
- Exhibit characteristics such as: leadership, responsibility, patience, dependability, maturity, positive attitude, self-motivation, creativity, and enthusiasm
- Ability to problem-solve and think on their feet
- Comfortable with heights
- Able to lift or carry up to 50 lbs., sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time
- Able to work long hours, five-six days a week with little time off
Email your resumé and a copy of your most current college transcript to:
Becca Jacobson & Jenna Moon, Summer Camp Coordinators, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact three professional references and direct them to our online Reference Form (found on our website). It is your responsibility to make sure the references are completed in a timely manner.
Answer and submit the online application questions, on our website.
When we have received all of the materials above, we will contact you about continuing the hiring process.