Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center
Title: Skills School Manager/Educator
Reports to: Education Director
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Date Updated: January 2019
Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center in Lanesboro, MN offers a variety of programs which connect people of all ages to each other and the natural world. The primary role of this position is to plan and organize adult educational events for the Skills School. The goals of the Skills School are:
- Facilitate deeper understanding of the people and places around us
- Impart applicable and life-long skills
- Build networks and strengthen communities
- Create positive change in our social and ecological environments
- Oversight of the Skills School:
- Communicate with participants and instructors
- Set-up and prepare for classes
- Provide administrative support: data entry, evaluation, answering phones, etc.
- Manage the budget for the Skills School
- Work closely with the marketing manager to assemble the program catalog
- Assist with the creation and execution of the marketing plan
- Seek out, develop, and maintain relationships with Skills School instructors who are outside the organization.
- Teaching: Teach, as part of the Outdoor School program, classes in science, adventure (including high ropes course), and cultural history subjects to a variety of Eagle Bluff audiences; learn and present a 1-hour, evening Naturalist Program; work up to one weekend a month; Primary Audience: Middle School
- General Education Department duties: Attend monthly Education Department meetings; lead adult welcomes for teachers and chaperones; Participate in professional meetings and organizations; regularly report to the Education Director; continually sharpen professional skills by attending trainings, off-site workshops, etc. Assist with additional education department tasks/projects as needed.
- Environmental Education Fellowship Program Support: assist/lead staff seminars and class trainings; participate in class observations and evaluations; oversee program support projects; mentor and coach new staff especially as it pertains to teaching and class modifications
Qualifications & Skills
- B.A/B.S. in education, communication, or related field
- 3+ years of experience teaching youth and adults
- Experience in planning, promoting, and coordinating events
- Experience with Google’s suite of products and Microsoft Publisher
- Current CPR and standard First-Aid certification
- Driver’s license and willingness to drive Eagle Bluff’s vehicles, including a 15 passenger van
- Ability to take initiative to identify problems, find solutions, and make recommendations
- High level of self-motivation, flexibility, enthusiasm, organization, and communication
This is a salaried position with benefits. Please inquire.
Email resume, cover letter, and contact information for a minimum of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled; first review of documents on February 27th