Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center
Title: Outdoor School Manager
Reports to: Education Director
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Purpose: The Outdoor School Manager is responsible for supervision, coordination, and management of our core program, the Outdoor School at Eagle Bluff Environmental Learning Center. This person oversees and actively works in all aspects of the Outdoor School operations especially overseeing curriculum review, revision, and creation. This position requires someone who is willing to be the face of our Outdoor School program, has high attention to detail, and a positive, solution-oriented mind-set who thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- Supervise and evaluate the Outdoor School team.
- Oversee school recruitment efforts not limited to attending trade conferences, school personnel meetings, etc.
- Assist lead teachers (especially new leads) as they prepare for their trip to help craft an experience that aligns to their goals.
- Oversee curriculum development used in the Outdoor School in conjunction with the Education Director.
- Teach classes and lead programs to residential and day-use groups (including high ropes course).
- Manage and maintenance supplies associated with communal spaces used by school groups.
- Develop annual work plan and department budget and monitor their progress.
- Maintain database of school clients, track performance indicator data, and compile, communicate and distribute performance reports.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in creating annual marketing plan and implementing marketing efforts relating to the Outdoor School.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- B.A./B.S. in education, environmental education, or other related field
- Experience empowering and positively managing staff to achieve results
- 5 years teaching experience
- Solid experience with and knowledge about outdoor teaching techniques and pedagogical techniques
- Experience writing lesson plans and developing creative, innovative curriculum
- Effective communication, administration, teaching, and personnel management skills
- Knowledge of SE MN natural history, ecological systems, outdoor recreation, and general environmental literacy
- High level of self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Other important skills include: writing and editing, organization, time management, delegation, and prioritization
- First aid, CPR, and/or First Responder certification
- Driver’s license
- Residential environmental education experience
- Knowledge of B.E.E.T.L.E.S. techniques
- M.A./M.S. in environmental education or related field
- Current Minnesota teaching license
- Experience with Google’s suite of products and Microsoft Publisher
- MN DNR Firearms Safety Instructor or willingness to get.
- First responder or EMT certification
This is a salaried position with benefits. Please inquire.
Email resume, cover letter, and contact information for a minimum of three professional references to: email@example.com
Position open until filled.