Summer Environmental Education Internship
Dodge Nature Center in West Saint Paul, MN
June 10 to August 9, 2019
The Dodge Nature Center is a non-profit organization operating 460 acres of nature preserves within the cities of West Saint Paul, Mendota Heights, and Cottage Grove that provides exceptional experiences in nature through environmental education for thousands of people each year.
- Plan and teach summer day camp programs
- Present environmental education programs to various audiences
- Prepare instructional materials for environmental education program units and day camps
- Provide daily care for the captive educational reptiles and amphibians
- Assist with seasonal projects
- Professional training and skill development
- Relevant, hands-on, diverse experience in environmental education
- Evaluation and coaching by professional staff
- Academic credit may be available through a coordinating institution
- Weekly stipend of $125 every week
- Enthusiasm for working with children in an outdoor setting
- Knowledge and interest in learning biology and environmental education
- 2+ years of college coursework in environmental education or a related field
- Satisfactory result of a background check
- Applicant must be available 40 hours per week: Monday to Friday 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Preferred but not required skills: e
- eperience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- current First Aid and CPR certification
- Work outdoors in any kind of weather
- Work in barns with farm animals, hay, and straw
To apply please send resume, three references, and cover letter to the contact below.
Position is open until filled.
Environmental Education Director
Dodge Nature Center
365 Marie Avenue West
West St. Paul, MN
Phone: 651.789.5205 FAX: 651.455.2575 Website: DodgeNatureCenter.org