Dodge Nature Center is a non-profit organization operating over 460 acres of nature preserve West St. Paul, Mendota Heights and Cottage Grove. We provide environmental education and outdoor education experiences for thousands of people each year through our school programs and public events. Working for Dodge Nature Center will provide you with opportunities to work with a variety of ages and to present many different natural history, environmental and agricultural topics.
Duration: September 3, 2019 through November 22, 2019. Seasonal Naturalists will work 30 hours per week, including some Saturdays and evenings.
- Teach environmental and agricultural education programs to children and adults.
- Develop and implement fall camps.
- Present public programs and lead birthday parties.
- Lead after school and outreach programs.
- Assist with seasonal special events, seasonal projects, animal handling and care, restoration programs, promotion, and maintenance of equipment and materials.
- Attend orientation/training events.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
Requirements: Desired candidates will have experience teaching and a knowledge of natural history. Must be self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic, willing to learn and perform other duties.
Preferred but not required:
- Fluency in Spanish or Hmong language
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Pete Cleary, Director of Environmental Education
Please include “Seasonal Naturalist” in the subject line of your email.