Position: Grounds Crew
Department: Buildings and Grounds
Classification: part-time, non-exempt
Application Deadline: Friday, March 22, 2019
Dodge Nature Center
West St. Paul, MN
The Thomas Irvine Dodge Nature Center is an non-profit environmental education organization in Minnesota with 4 metro nature destinations located in West St. Paul, Cottage Grove and Mendota Heights. Founded in 1967 by Olivia Irvine Dodge, the organization was one of the first nature centers in the state of Minnesota. Dodge Nature Center and Preschool are recognized nationally in the field of environmental education. Dodge provides environmental education and outdoor education experiences for thousands of people each year.
Job Summary: This is part time position starting at 20-30 hours a week. Carry out daily assignments related to care of buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment. Support maintenance and care for Dodge Nature Center locations including West St. Paul, Mendota Heights, and Cottage Grove, MN.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Human Resources
- Work with community Service workers as assigned
- Work with Dodge Nature Center volunteers
- Building and Grounds Maintenance
- Perform general building maintenance which can include cleaning, changing light bulbs, painting, light plumbing, and other related maintenance activities.
- Assist in the mowing, weed whipping and grounds maintenance necessary to keep all lawns and trails in good condition
- During the winter months duties will include snowplowing, snow blowing, shoveling and sanding for all of the driveways, parking lots and sidewalks.
- Perform a variety of carpentry related projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance
- Perform assigned tasks related to the cleaning and care of all vehicles and equipment
- High school Graduate
- Past experience is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with power tools, bobcat, zero turn mowers, and snow plowing.
- Self-directed and self-motivated once trained.
- Able to follow instructions, prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines.
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility on scheduling (weekend and night work needed)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift & carry objects weighing from 25 to 50 pounds
PHYSICAL ACTIVITES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
1. Requires prolonged standing.
2. Requires physical exertion to manually move, and lift over 50 lbs.
3. Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching.
4. Requires climbing and balancing.
5. Must work indoors and outdoors.
6. Must work in and around dust, fumes, and odors.
7. Must be able to work in high places.
How to Apply: Applications are due by Friday, March 22, 2019 Please send cover letter and resume (both required)
to Sean Gokey, Buildings and Grounds Director by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Dodge Nature Center is an equal opportunity employer.