Temporary Facility Attendant
Job Number: 92240.19.001
POSTING TYPE: Temporary/Seasonal
HOURS: 20 hours per week/average, predominantly Friday - Sunday
HIRING RANGE: $12.00 - 15.00/hour (depending on qualifications)
LOCATION: Dakota Lodge-West St. Paul, Schaar's Bluff Gathering Center-Hastings and other park rental facilities
CLOSE DATE: This posting will remain open until all spring and summer positions are filled. **The first review of applications will occur on or near February 11th.
The Facility Attendant is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and onsite facility support to park guests and large groups reserving facilities, which result in a seamless, positive experience for the customer. This position plays an important role in the set-up of facilities and to provide an on-site presence for events such as wedding, family gatherings, and meetings at County facilities and parks. Work is performed with considerable independence and accountability.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Valid Driver's License
Preferred Experience Beyond Minimum Qualifactions:
- Experience coordinating and/or staffing events, or event set up and take down.
- Catering experience.
- Experience setting up and working with audio/visual equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position's management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
- Provide high level customer service and promptly respond to and resolve issues raised by park visitors and customers.
- Initiate direct contact with clients and customers to ensure positive experiences and troubleshoot and address challenges in a pro-active, service oriented manner.
- Operate and provide an onsite presence for weddings, family gatherings, meetings and other rentals at the Dakota Lodge, Schaar's Bluff Gathering Center, and other park rental facilities.
- Lead facility tours and manage facility equipment inventory.
- Carry, move, organize, and/or set-up County facility equipment, such as: banquet tables, chairs, picnic tables, or similar equipment.
- Use computerized software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities and Work Environment
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be diplomatic and pleasant under stressful conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with a variety of audiences, customers, staff and supervisors.
- Self-motivated and self-driven.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Proven ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work Friday-Sunday, and flexible hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows computer applications.
- Ability to effectively operate A/V equipment, such as LCD projectors, sound systems and microphones.
- Physical ability to carry, lift, push/pull, and move facility equipment (e.g. banquet tables and chairs).
- Willing to learn and perform other duties.
Work Environment: Work is performed inside and outside County buildings. The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of walking, standing, crouching, or riding over rough, uneven, swampy, or rocky terrain. Staff must also have the physical ability to bend, twist, crouch, lift, forward & overhead reach, and push/pull the rental & facility equipment, such as: banquet tables, chairs, picnic tables, or similar equipment which may weigh up to 50 lbs. This position may involve driving a County vehicle. There may also be intermittent exposure to varied weather conditions on the worksite that occasionally necessitates the use of rain gear, gloves, etc.
Selection Process: The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a rating of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. The top scoring candidates will be forwarded to the hiring department for further consideration.