CITY OF BURNSVILLE
POSITION: RECYCLING INTERN
CLOSING DATE: 03/18/2019
STARTING SALARY: $13.00/hr.
The position will be responsible for assisting in the planning, administration, and implementation of recycling/waste disposal programs for the cities of Apple Valley, Burnsville, Lakeville, and Eagan. (June, July, and August 32 hours/week)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the implementation of the city’s, recycling programs, including developing recycling and organics recycling collection programs for community events, neighborhood block parties and city facilities/parks
- Assist with coordinating special events such as paper shredding and mattress collection events. Prepare handouts materials, set up displays and help with collection of recycling material for special events.
- Work with event coordinators to develop and implement sustainable policies at events such as requiring vendor agreements for using compostable for BPI certified products.
- Assist with field data collection, program implementation, and database management. This may include collating recycling surveys, checking recycling bins, working with organics recycling and entering data into a GIS program.
- Attend required meetings, perform other duties, and assume other responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer spreadsheets, data management and work processing programs (Microsoft Office products).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform research, assemble information and prepare reports and educational material.
- Ability to develop research, assemble information and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other City personnel, other agencies, volunteer groups, and residents.
- Ability to perform all essential position functions including physical labor commonly encountered in natural resources field studies and operations, On an occasional basis must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- One year of college or vocational school.
- Training and Experience Rating
- Oral Interview
- Other testing as appropriate
- Must pass a background check
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: www.burnsville.org/jobs