Employment Opportunity for Chik-Wauk Nature Center Program Director
Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences of natural science with children of all ages?
The Gunflint Trail Historical Society is looking for energetic individual to join the crew at Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center. The individual will serve as the Nature Center Program Director.
Nature Center Program Director is an hourly paid position. Pay is based on a 30-hour work week during the season (Memorial weekend through Labor Day). Work schedule includes weekends. On-site housing is not provided.
Pay range is $12.00-$15.00 per hour depending on experience
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement naturalist programs
- Train and oversee nature center volunteers
- Collect admission fees and provide information to visitors
- Answering general questions about the Gunflint Trail region
- Assisting with special events
- Planning and scheduling public programming
- Work with the site manager to promote and market naturalist activities
This job requires flexibility, creative thinking, and an enjoyment of working with the general public.
A successful candidate will:
- Be an independent, self-directed, organized worker
- Possess knowledge and/or experience in natural sciences
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experienced in cashiering, and training and managing volunteers and staff
- Candidates with historical familiarity of the Gunflint Trail and an appreciation and knowledge of Northwoods biology and ecology will be given priority in selection process.
The Gunflint Trail Historical Society is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization. Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center is a partnership of the Gunflint Trail Historical Society and Superior National Forest, Gunflint Ranger District.
Application and full job description: www.gunflinttrailhistoricalsociety.org.
For more information: Contact the Gunflint Trail Historical Society at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center
28 Moose Pond Drive
Grand Marais, MN 55604
On-site housing is not available.
Job application and more information about the position available at: www.gunflinttrailhistoricalsociety.org on the homepage.
Application deadline: March 31, 2019