Job Title: School Partnerships Manager
Reports to: Director of Inclusion & Program Impact
Supervises: Environmental Educators
Classification: Exempt status; full time (40 hours per week)
Who we are
With nature as our catalyst, Camp Fire Minnesota energizes youth to discover their spark so their futures glow brighter.
Youth spend 90% of their time indoors. Camp Fire Minnesota addresses this challenge by delivering culturally relevant, nature-based programs at Tanadoona, Camp Bluewater, and throughout the community to over 7,000 youth from all backgrounds each year. We help youth “light their spark within” through summer camp, environmental education & STEM classes for schools, and community-based out-of-school time nature programs.
We are proud to offer inclusive and welcoming programs to youth in the community. To this end, 45% of Camp Fire youth participate at reduced or no cost.
As a result of their Camp Fire experience, 90% of youth report valuing nature and stewarding the environment.
Where we are headed
We are passionate about learning from and partnering with others doing great work. As it relates to working with schools, we are inspired by Thorne Nature Experience’s philosophy and approach to delivering culturally meaningful nature experiences, including their Nature Immersion Programs. Camp Fire is looking to grow and deepen our relationships with our school partnerships.
In order to bring this vision to life, this position will:
- Strengthen and operationalize our program partnerships with schools
- Enhance our nature-based curriculum and program delivery
- In collaboration with educators, innovate ways to engage students in environmental ed and STEM-based learning
- Pilot a holistic experience for schools, similar to Thorne’s Nature Immersion Program
- Deepen relationships with school faculty and administrators (i.e. offer teacher trainings)
Our desired candidate
The School Partnerships Manager is the relationships builder and glue between Camp Fire’s nature-based programs and schools. We are looking for an individual who is a go-getter, who thrives on building connections and being a resource and partner to educators.
An ideal candidate will be:
- Curious, with a drive for continuous improvement
- Goal oriented
- Creative thinker in expanding partnerships and program offerings
- Be passionate about connecting all youth to nature
- Be skilled at alliance-building and inspiring others
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in schools, youth development or related field
Your role at Camp Fire
- School Relationships
- Leading outreach efforts with existing and new schools
- Meeting with teachers and other school personnel to develop and identify program plan and contract (i.e. field trips, in-class, OST, etc.)
- Monitor and ensure youth participation meets grant requirements and organizational initiatives
- Maintain an openness to provide greater accessibility
- Oversee program implementation
- Program Quality
- Implement procedures to ensure consistent data collection, communications, evaluation, etc. for all school partnerships
- Hire, train and manage part-time, seasonal Environmental Educators in partnership with the Nature Outreach Manager
- Expand curriculum, ensuring that it is nature-based, MN specific, tied to MN State Standards and relevant based on current research
- Administer and assess program and participant evaluations
- Program Expansion
- Support program growth at Tanadoona as utilization expands year-round
- Pilot holistic experience with schools (similar to Thorne’s Nature Immersion Program)
- Gather insights to inform alternative program opportunities
- Collaborate with Camp Fire’s Marketing Department to develop mission-based communications content.
- Participate in the development and implementation of marketing strategies to increase Camp Fire’s nature outreach program participation and revenue.
- Share new ideas based on conversations with educators to enhance programming and accessibility
- Monitor grant spending
- Contribute content and outcomes for grant reports.
- In coordination with your supervisor, create a budget for school programs, balancing financial sustainability and access through financial assistance.
- Monitor spending and revenue; and adjust accordingly.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range $51,000 - $56,000, based on experience. Competitive benefits package, including 3% retirement contribution and sabbatical policy.
Please submit resume, cover letter and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “School Partnerships Manager” in the subject line of your email.
Camp Fire Minnesota is strongly committed to addressing environmental justice.
We encourage candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds, Black, Indigenous and people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and unemployed persons to apply.