Opportunity: Program Leader
Organization and Location: Camp Fire Minnesota
Opportunity Type: 32 hours/week
Location: St. Louis Park/Chanhassen, MN
We currently seek a full-time, 32hr/week program leader to facilitate activities for our Youth and Teens (ages 5-18) for all of our programs throughout the metro area. Program Leader works with a variety of youth throughout the year, supporting overall youth development and connecting them to the natural world through hands-on experiences and outdoor adventures.
Essential Functions for In- and Out-of-School Time:
- Ensure quality implementation of our curriculum, including, but not limited to:
- Environmental and STEM education
- Physical fun and recreation
- Develops strong relationships with site administration, parents, and other organizations.
- Perform program quality assessment and evaluations for all programs.
- Create a safe environment for open and honest discussion, foster a positive youth-led dynamic.
- Complete administrative responsibilities on time: attendance, registrations, create curriculum, and staff/youth evaluations.
- Plan and participate in youth field trips and events.
- Conduct outreach, recruit youth, and communicate with parents and caregivers directly and through phone calls.
- Attend initial and ongoing training.
Essential Functions for Tanadoona:
- Environmental Education (EE)—Plan activities and lead school groups through a wide variety of environmental classes. Assist in developing new curriculum and program areas.
- Challenge Course (CC)—Plan activities and lead a variety of groups through our teambuilding course, climbing tower, high ropes course, giant swing and agility course.
- Out of School Camps—Plan and lead activities for our school-year day camps (MEA Days, MLK, Presidents Day, Spring Break, etc.)
- Summer Camp—Assist with tripping, outdoor living skills, and nature sessions.
- Open Houses and Events—Participate in Tanadoona events by leading tours, doing activities, answering questions, etc.
- Cleaning—Assist our Facilities Manager as needed to clean before and after programs.
- Rental Host—Periodically host overnight groups at Tanadoona. This could be a Scout group, wedding, family reunion, etc. During this time, you welcome them, are on call while they are at camp and then check them out.
- Attend initial and ongoing trainings.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Dedication to better serve our youth
- Positive attitude a must!
- Experience working with youth in camps, human or social services, mentoring or education (environmental, outdoor, experiential)
- Flexibility & willingness to deliver responsive programming that meets the needs of youth
- Initiative, ability and willingness to seek necessary support from Camp Fire management
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to work with diverse populations of youth and support inclusive programming
- Available to work evenings and occasional weekends
- Reliable means of transportation
- Bachelor’s degree in education/environmental studies/youth field a plus
- Salary:$20,00-24,000 per year, non-exempt, health and benefits package, paid training, and mileage reimbursement
- Average of 32 hours/week
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include “Program Leader” in the subject line of your email.
Camp Fire Minnesota is an inclusive youth development organization, serving a highly diverse population of boys and girls in Minnesota through out-of-school time and outdoor programs. Since 1910 Camp Fire has worked to provide quality programming to young people. No matter who they are, we meet kids where they are and we take them where they want to go.
Throughout the Twin Cities, we provide out-of-school time programs in schools and affordable housing communities. We partner with schools and organizations to lead environmental education through school visits and field trips to Tanadoona. We also provide traditional summer (and school break) camps at our two camp properties – Tanadoona in Chanhassen and Camp Bluewater near Grand Rapids, MN.
Camp Fire is inclusive and welcoming to all youth and adults. We help young people find their “spark” through our progressive education model “Sparks for Learning, Leading, and Living”. Camp Fire Minnesota recently launched Phase 2 of a capital campaign to improve and expand programming at Tanadoona.
Camp Fire Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual preference, disability, condition or any other
group protected by law.