KAYAK GUIDE - FULL AND PART TIME POSITIONS FOR 2019 SEASON AVAILABLE
Are you a hard-worker, looking for a fun outdoor job? Broken Paddle Guiding Co. is hiring intelligent, conscientious, genuine people to work in the eco-tourism business as a kayak and SUP guide! Candidates must be eager to learn and work with the public.
Lead groups of 2-18 people on kayak and stand up paddleboard trips in the remote backwaters of the Mississippi River. Trips last 2-4 hours. Applicants must be able to get guests to laugh, smile, and think all while creating a memorable outdoors experience. Guides must be versed in ecology and love learning about the outdoors. A position as kayak guide is a physically demanding job; guides must be able to lift heavy kayaks, swim, and work outdoors in all weather conditions. Guides must be able to teach kayaking skills to all guests. (Kayak and SUP safety and skill training provided).
- Provide leadership on all BPG trips.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Use effective judgment in making trip decisions.
- Determine tour routes based on river levels, route that provides best experience, ease of route, wind, and other weather conditions.
- Fit customers to kayaks and teach paddling skills.
- Teach clients about flora, fauna, ecology and natural history.
- Load kayaks, gear and drive a 12 passenger van with a trailer.
- Shuttle for other tours, including bike trips.
- Shop duties as assigned.
- Clean kayaks, gear, and gear storage area.
- Basic boat and gear maintenance.
- Craft a tour experience that creates good memories and experiences in nature.
Dates: May–October 2019
Housing: Guides will live on location in Wabasha, MN.
$100 Gear stipend and a $50 book stipend available.
Kayak training and medical training provided.