ANOKA COUNTY PARKS DEPARTMENT
Summer Programming and Recreation Staff
The Anoka County Parks Department/Wargo Nature Center has a part-time (30 hours per week) recreation/environmental education staff who will be an integral part of summer programming. This position will office out of Wargo Nature Center, which offers extensive programming throughout Anoka County. The work for this position includes some evenings and weekends.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES (ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY):
- Ability to teach outdoor recreational activities such as kayaking, canoeing, Stand Up Paddle boarding, team building, and fishing
- Load, transport, and maintain recreational equipment; canoe/kayak trailers, voyageur canoe and trailer, paddles, PFD’s, paddle boards, etc.
- Ability to effectively teach outdoor recreational skills and environmental education topics to adults, youth, and family groups.
- Ability to teach environmental education topics such as habitats, pond study, insects, etc.
- Assist programming staff with both recreational and environmental education programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in developing and delivering both environmental education and recreational programs
- Have a customer service-oriented work ethic
- Ability to work with diverse groups in flexible working environments
- Interest in the outdoors and outdoor recreational activities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to perform all essential position functions
- Current lifesaving preferred
Please call for application, 763-324-3350 and submit together with resume to:
Wargo Nature Center, 7701 Main St, Hugo, MN 55038