The AmeriCorps 4-H Extension Youth Outreach Corpsmember (ages 18-25) position will focus on implementing youth development programs in natural resources and environmental education in northwestern Minnesota. Programs will be implemented in non-formal environments such as after school programs, camp programs, County Fair programs and workshops. The 4-H Extension Center for Youth Development partners with the University of Minnesota Foundation to fund operations and programs, including programs in outdoor education. Currently, Minnesota 4-H serves over 65,000 youth annually through 4-H community clubs, school enrichment, out-of-school programs, and special interest activities.
This is a full-time commitment for a six-month AmeriCorps service term. The member will receive a monthly stipend and an education award upon successful completion of the term that may be used for education expenses or to repay qualified student loans.
Term dates and schedule:
- Term: January 16 – December 11, 2020
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. typical.
Stipend and award:
- Monthly stipend: $1690
- Education award: $6095 upon successful completion of term
Location: Housing is not provided by the Corps. Member must secure their own housing near service location.
- Crookston, MN
- 4-year degree in area of education, natural resources, environmental education or other related fields
- Ability to complete ATV safety training and certification course
- Ability to work with and support youth and adults from a diverse range of experiences, cultures, and backgrounds
- Demonstrated understanding of 4-H Outdoor Education youth development programs
- Ability to provide leadership in planning, organizing, directing and evaluating educational programs related to outdoor 4-H education youth development programs
- Ability to maintain and build volunteer involvement in all 4-H delivery modes
- Flexibility and dependability
- Willingness to learn new skills and ability to give and receive feedback
- Computer skills
- Skills in verbal and written communication and strong organizational skills
- 18-25 years old.
- Must be a US Citizen, US National or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the US.
- Must pass the National Sex Offender Public Registry and criminal history check. “Pass” is defined as no positive hits on the NSOPR and no history of violent offenses on the criminal history check.
- Full term of service must be completed in order to receive the education award.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, safe driving record (no major moving violations or DUI’s in the past five years), and have access to a personal vehicle.
- Monthly stipend
- Education award upon successful completion of term
- Skills training and job experience
- Health insurance
- Student loan forbearance during service term
This program is available to all, without regard to disability, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation. The Conservation Corps engages AmeriCorps members, ages 18-25, as defined under the American Conservation and Youth Service Corps Act, a subtitle of the National and Community Service Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.
Apply online: http://www.conservationcorps.org/apply
Questions? Contact Hollis Emery,
email@example.com or 651-209-9900 x23