JOIN THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICE
COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE FELLOW
The Minnesota Field Office of the National Park Service’s Rivers & Trails (RTCA) Program is seeking a person with planning and/or landscape architecture skills and a strong interest in outdoor recreation facility development to work in the St. Paul, Minnesota field office on a full time, temporary basis for 11 months. The person hired will assist the Outdoor Recreation Planners in parks, trails, and water trail planning, conceptual design and implementation for RTCA projects throughout the state.
Assignments May Include:
- Assisting with land & water trail master plans, trail feasibility studies, and strategic plans
- Assisting with park planning
- Identifying & assessing trail & park design & development issues
- Assisting in creating a trail workshop
- Mapping in ArcGIS
- Producing plans and reports in InDesign
- Community engagement with diverse audiences to build project support
- Writing & producing social media posts
- Coordinating with government agencies & other project partners
- Creating project presentations
- Creating graphic displays
- Creating & writing project brochures and public relations documents
Experience and Skills Desired:
- Analysis and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Strong organizational skills
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Enrollment in or completion of a Master’s program in a related field is preferred.
- Coursework or experience in community or transportation planning, landscape architecture, geography, public affairs, community studies, park management or related field is required
- Experience with one or more of the following software programs is desirable: ArcGIS, InDesign, or Photoshop
This is a 47 week, full time, Americorps position with the National Park Service, offered through Conservation Legacy. Fellows receive an AmeriCorps education award valued at $5,815 upon completion of the assignment, plus a $510/week living allowance, paid training, and health insurance. Office location: 111 East Kellogg Blvd., downtown St. Paul, Minnesota. Some day and multi-day trips outside of the metro area, and occasional evening & weekend work will be required. Valid driver’s license is preferred. Position open until filled. All applications received by June 22nd will be given full consideration. Apply online at: https://stewardslegacy.org/open-positions You may direct questions to Holly Larson at 651-293-8444, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Randy Thoreson at 651-293-8450, email@example.com.