Job Title: Summer Camp Counselor
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 03/31/19 4:30 PM Central Time
Job Type:Seasonal, Not to Exceed 67 days per Calendar Year
Location: Long Lake Conservation Center, Palisade, Minnesota
Department:Long Lake Conservation Center
To provide a safe and fun experience for youth campers attending the Long Lake summer camps by leading recreation activities, supervising youth, maintaining program equipment, and creating camp programs.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other essential and nonessential functions as assigned or apparent to meet the ongoing needs of the department and organization. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of this position.
- Ensure that campers understand and adhere to the safety and educational procedures.
- Monitor the emotional and physical health of campers
- Consistently implement safety protocols
- Adhere to Long Lake's camper management and discipline procedures
- Facilitate recreational and group programming
- Maintain a positive group dynamic
- Practice inclusivity and respect
- Assure youth are properly supervised at all times
- Create an enthusiastic and positive camp experience
- Develop unique, engaging programming
- Build rapport with campers and co-workers
- Diffuse confrontations or stressful situations among campers through active listening
- Assist in the management of facilities and equipment.
- Prepare program supplies.
- Implement safety checks for equipment
- Maintain clean and organized program areas
- Care for resident live animals
- Performs other related duties as assigned or apparent.
- 18 years of age or older. Experience working with youth.
- First Aid/CPR Certified.
- Valid driver's license required. Employment reference checks and a criminal background check (including FBI fingerprint check).
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as assigned, including evenings and weekends.
- Experience supervising youth in a camp setting.
- Lifeguard certification
Applications are available online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/aitkin/default.cfm.
All questions are welcome 218-927-7288 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until 3-31-2019 at 4:30 pm. EOE