SciGirls Educator Training
Great Lakes Aquarium Partners with SciGirls and Hartley Nature Center
SciGirls is an Emmy-award winning PBS KIDS television series and website dedicated to changing the way millions of girls think about STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). Local educators are invited to participate in a hands-on, minds-on Professional Development Training. We welcome you to practice proven strategies for engaging girls in STEM while building a deep sea diver that neither sinks nor floats, lighting up a room with dough creatures, and much more! Participants attending this workshop will:
• Learn the latest research for exciting and engaging girls (and boys) in STEM
• Experience hands-on STEM activities
• Leave with curriculum that puts a creative twist on teaching STEM
• Learn how to modify activities to engage kids in STEM using the SciGirls Seven
• Additional online resources that enhance teaching and learning experiences for all kids.
Everyone benefits from a gender-equitable approach to STEM!
Cost: Free – This training is funded through the National Science Foundation
Time: 9:00a.m. – 4:00p.m.
CEUs: 7 hours
*Bring your own lunch please
To register, click here!